Cauli Fish Bake
This recipe is delicious. Obviously one can splurge out on salmon or kingklip for a special treat, but hake is very good done this way.
YOU WILL NEED
- 1 medium cauliflower, cut into florets
- Ina Paarman’s Vegetable Spice
- 1 x 200 ml Ina Paarman’s Ready to Serve Cheese Sauce
- 1 large egg
- 3 leeks, well washed and thinly sliced
- Ina Paarman’s Green Onion Seasoning
- 1 T (15 ml) butter
- 1 T (15 ml) olive oil
- 600 g (4 portions) fresh hake (stockfish), filleted and skinned
- Ina Paarman’s Fish Spice
- ¼ cup (60 ml) grated cheddar cheese
- ¼ cup (60 ml) fresh breadcrumbs (optional)
- 2 T (30 ml) finely sliced chives
Adjust the oven rack to the middle position and preheat the oven to 200°C. Steam the cauliflower until just done. Season lightly with Vegetable Spice and spoon into the bowl of a food processer. Leave to cool a little. Add the Cheese Sauce and egg and pulse until blended, but still lightly textured.
Sauté the sliced leeks pre-seasoned with Green Onion Seasoning in the butter and oil mixture. Dish the softened leeks into a 29 cm x 20 cm ovenproof dish.
Season the fish lightly on both sides with Fish Spice and arrange on top of the leeks. Keep the fish fillets more or less the same thickness e.g. fold under the thinner tail ends.
Spoon the cauliflower mixture over the fish. Mix the cheese and breadcrumbs (if using) and sprinkle over the dish.
Bake for 25 – 30 minutes. Top with chives.