Cheesecake Trifle with Red Berries
A real stunner. Ideal to make ahead the day before.
YOU WILL NEED
- ⅔ cup (160 ml) cold water
- 1 x 250 g Ina Paarman’s Lemon Flavoured Cheesecake Mix
- 250 g smooth creamed cottage cheese
- 1 cup (250 ml) fresh cream
- 200 g packet of boudoir biscuits
- ¾ cup (180 ml) medium sherry or muscadel wine
- 600 g strawberries, raspberries, and blueberriesberries left over from cheesecake trifle
- honey for drizzling
- mint or strawberry leaves to garnish
- icing sugar for dusting
Line the base of an 23 cm x 13 cm x 6.5 cm deep loaf pan with baking paper. Spray the paper and the sides of the pan with a non-stick spray. Measure cold tap water into a medium size mixing bowl. Sprinkle the contents of cheesecake pack over the water and beat until well blended. Slowly beat in the cottage cheese.
In a smaller mixing bowl whip the cream until firm.
Add the whipped cream to the cheesecake mixture and fold it in with a spatula. Spread ¼ of the cheesecake mix over the base of the pan. Dip the biscuits one by one in the sherry and lay them in the pan. Top with another ¼ of the Cheesecake mix and a layer of strawberries and raspberries.Reserve blueberries and a few extra strawberries and raspberries for decorating. Repeat, ending with a biscuit layer. Cover pan with clingfilm and refrigerate overnight. Before serving turn out on a platter and finish with berry topping.
Top cheesecake with remaining berries and drizzle with honey. Add strawberry or mint leaves for a touch of green. Dust lightly with icing sugar.