Fish Stew with Prawns
This delicious fish stew got an enthusiastic thumbs up from a friend who popped in during the photo session. He is a real foodie and knows his stuff!
YOU WILL NEED
- 500 g filleted kabeljou, Kingklip or hake, cut into smallish portions
- Ina Paarman’s Lemon & Black Pepper Seasoning
- 20 medium prawns butterflied, remove veins and heads
- Ina Paarman’s Chilli & Garlic Seasoning
- 2 limes or lemons, grate off zest and then squeeze the juice
- 1 small onion sliced into half rings
- olive oil
- 1 large red chilli, finely sliced
- 1 red pepper, deseeded and cut into strips
- 5 cloves of garlic, cut into slivers
- 1 x 125 g Ina Paarman’s Roasted Red Pepper Pesto
- 2 x 25 g Ina Paarman’s Liquid Fish Stock
- 1 cup (250 ml) of boiling water
- 1 cup (250 ml) coconut milk
Season the fish portions with Lemon & Black Pepper Seasoning and the prawns with Chilli & Garlic Seasoning. Place in a bowl and cover with lime juice and zest. Marinate only for 20 – 30 minutes at room temperature.
Sauté the onion in a little olive oil, halfway through add the chilli, red pepper strips and garlic. Cook while stirring over medium heat for ± 2 minutes. Add the whole pack of Roasted Red Pepper Pesto and stir it in.
Dissolve the Fish Stock Concentrate in the boiling water, add to the vegetables together with the coconut milk. Simmer without a lid for 5 – 10 minutes.
Add the pre-marinated fish and prawns, **do not** add the lime juice marinade.
Simmer covered for 5 – 7 minutes only, just to cook the fish lightly.
Serve with rice, lime wedges and fresh coriander.
If using hake, leave the skin on. The fish can be replaced with chicken breasts or calamari steaks.