Pork and Potato Hotpot
An easy one pot dish that can be left to bake slowly in the oven while you get on with your life.
YOU WILL NEED
- 500 g good quality pork sausages
- 2 T (30 ml) olive or canola oil
- 6 potatoes ± 500 g, peeled and sliced
- Ina Paarman’s Potato Spice
- 125 g streaky bacon, cut into ± 2 cm lengths
- 2 onions, roughly chopped
- Ina Paarman’s Green Onion Seasoning
- ¼ cup (60 ml) chopped parsley
- 1 x 25 g Ina Paarman’s Liquid Chicken Stock
- 1 cup (250 ml) boiling water
- freshly ground black pepper
- Ina’s Paarman’s Peach Apricot Chutney
Adjust the oven rack one shelf below the middle position and pre-heat the oven to 180°C.
Brown the sausages lightly in the oil, in the ovenproof dish in which you plan to bake. Remove the browned sausages and cut across into halves and keep on one side. Layer the potatoes seasoned with Potato Spice in the remaining oil in the casserole. Now add pork sausages, bacon, chopped onions seasoned with Green Onion Seasoning and half the parsley. Mix the Chicken Stock and boiling water together and pour in on the side of the dish. Cover with the lid. Remove the lid after 45 minutes. Bake for a final 15 minutes. Top with remaining parsley and freshly ground black pepper. Serve accompanied by a well-dressed, tossed salad.