Frequently asked questions
Which products are in the Ina Paarman range?
Please click here for our full product range.
Do you have an allergen policy?
Yes we have, please click here to view allergen information on all our products.
Which, if any, colourants are used in Ina Paarman products?
Where possible, we use only natural substances like spinach powder, milled carrots, berry concentrates, etc to provide colour and appetite appeal. Alternatively, natural colourants such as beta carotene and chlorophyll are used in a few of our products. Artificial colourants such as tartrazine are NOT used in any of our products.
Do you use natural or artificial flavours?
When it comes to the labelling of our products, we are bound by the law as set out in the South African regulations relating to the Labelling and Advertising of Foodstuffs to declare ‘flavouring’, so we cannot specify natural flavour. This is of course a great disappointment to us, as the price of natural and nature identical flavours are up to 50 times more than artificial flavours – yet we are unable to communicate to our customers the fact that we are using superior ingredients in order for them to make their own informed purchasing decisions.
Do you use artificial sweetener in your products?
We do not use any artificial sweeteners. Unrefined sugar is used in some of our recipes, but in moderation.
Is MSG (Monosodium Glutamate) added to any Ina Paarman products?
MSG is a salt of sodium plus glutamic acid. Foods that contain significantly high natural levels of free glutamic acid include cheese, breast milk, ripe tomatoes and mushrooms. Due to the presence of this natural glutamate in some of the raw materials we use, by law we have to label our products, NO ADDED MSG as opposed to MSG free. Any glutamate that is in our products, is inherent to the raw materials only and not wilfully added. The problem is when COMMERCIAL MSG (CMSG) produced from sugar cane or sugar beets, starch or corn sugar is added to food – this is alleged to cause allergies, palpitations and various other symptons. Many manufacturers do add MSG to their products but this is never done in any of the INA PAARMAN products. Any product that has MSG added to it has to, by SA law, be labelled as MSG or Monosodium Glutamate. Manufacturers are not permitted to call MSG by any other name (e.g. yeast extracts, flavourings, flavour enhancer) on product labels. We differentiate our products on the market by means of a “No Added MSG” claim, for those people who want to avoid or limit their MSG intake.
What is a stabiliser and where does it come from?
In order to keep dressings and sauces homogenously blended over a period of time we need to add a stabiliser. For this purpose we use a completely natural product made from seaweed called Xanthan Gum.
Are Ina Paarman products suitable for Vegetarians?
Our products are classified and labelled according to their relevant vegetarian status. Vegan food products do not contain meat, poultry, fish, seafood, eggs, dairy products or honey. To see which of our products are Vegan, please click here or visit www.vegansa.com for more information.
How long can I keep Ina Paarman products once they have been opened?
- Bake Mixes: Single use product : use once opened. Unopened packs are good 6 months after sell by date.
- Chutneys: Once opened, keep refrigerated and use within 4 weeks.
- Coat and Cook Sauces: Once opened, keep refrigerated and use within 4 days. Freeze successfully.
- Icing Kits : once mixed, keeps for a week in the fridge. Soften briefly in the microwave before use.
- Marinades: Once opened, keep refrigerated and use within 3 weeks or will freeze successfully.
- Pasta Sauces: Once opened, keep refrigerated and use within 3 days or will freeze successfully.
- Ready to Serve Sauces: Once opened, keep refrigerated and use within 2 days or will freeze successfully.
- Salad Dressings: Once opened, keep refrigerated and use within 2 months.
- Seasonings: Once opened, keep dial cap turned to 'close' and store at room temperature for up to 6 months.
- Specialities: Once opened, keep refrigerated and use within 2 weeks or will freeze successfully.
- Spices: Once opened, keep dial cap turned to 'close' and store at room temperature for up to 6 months.
- Stock & Sauce Powders : Once opened, keep closed and store at room temperature for up to months.
- Stock Concentrate Sachets: Single use product : use once opened.
- Stuffing Mix: Single use product : use once opened or keep in the freezer for extended storage.
Can we buy in bulk?
Yes. All Ina Paarman Products can be bought in cases.
For more details on prices and how to order, please contact Carina.
firstname.lastname@example.org - 021 705 6440/1
In which stores can I find your products?
Pick ‘n Pay
Tel: 0800 11 22 88 or
Tel: 0800 010 709 or
Tel: 0860 313 141 or
Fruit and Veg
Tel: 086 000 7728 or
Can we buy online?
We do not have an online shop, but you are able to buy our cookbooks and stainless steel spice racks online.
Can I microwave sauces in the packs?
We do not recommend microwaving our Ready to Serve Sauces in the doypacks. The best way to heat is to pour the sauce into a small glass, corning ware or ceramic container. Cover with a sheet of paper towel, microwavable lid or plastic wrap. Place bowl in the centre of the microwave, at least 1cm away from the sides and door. Heat on 100% power for 1 minute, then stir through. If necessary heat for a further 30 seconds. Microwave ovens vary. These timings are a guide only and are based on 850-1100 watt ovens.
Salt level in Seasonings, Spices and other products?
As a guide, our seasonings/spices contain between 30 and 50% salt - if you used only a light sprinkle, the amount of salt per meal would be very little. Our sauces and dressings generally contain less than 2% salt. Our seasonings have not been developed to specifically tailor for people with hypertension, but you can cut your salt intake considerably by using our Seasonings in place of regular salt. We recommend that they be used sparingly by people with hypertension. We have recently worked on the salt levels of most of our products, and have reduced the salt as much as possible without losing the taste. There are salt replacers available, but in all honesty it's usually just potassium chloride or a blend thereof, and this gives a bitter, inferior aftertaste. Our recommendation is to rather use the seasonings and spices sparingly, as we specifically designed them to be intensely flavoured at low dosages. People often add salt because they want flavour, we provide the flavour. We have over 100 lines in our range, the majority of which carry nutritional information on the labels, which includes the sodium content per 100g and a serving size. It is unfortunately very difficult to give an indication of how much salt is consumed per product, as it would ultimately depend on how much of the various products you use/consume. In our Seasoning/Spice range, the two variants which contain the least amount of salt would be the Italian Cheese Sprinkle and the Cajun Spice. The Rosemary & Olive Seasoning is made with dried olives - because the salt content in preserved olives is high, this variant is perhaps best avoided or used very sparingly.
Where is Ina Paarman's factory shop?
Our Factory Shop is situated at Unit B7, Diep River Industrial Park, Greenville Road, Diep River, Cape Town.
The shop is open from Monday to Friday from 10:00 - 15:00 and on Saturday from 09:00 - 13:00.
Contact 021 705 6440/1 | Click here for a map
Is there safe parking at the factory shop?
We are aware that customer parking at our factory shop is limited, as we are in an industrial complex and not in a retail environment. Parking close to the factory is reserved for our staff, who arrive very early, often when it is still dark. There is ample safe parking available a short distance from the Factory Shop, opposite the bridge. While we agree that it is more convenient to park right outside the Factory Shop, customers must be mindful that we are in an Industrial Park where big trucks make deliveries and many people work long hours. I trust that that we can depend on you, our valued customers, to assist us. Discount prices do come with a little inconvenience.
What must I do if a product is sub-standard?
- Make a note of the production and batch details printed in black on the product.
- Send us a photo if possible.
- Email Ina directly at email@example.com, she will pass it on to our Quality Control team who will do a full investigation. We keep retention samples of each batch, therefore we are able to trace past production samples.
- Please supply us with production details at all times.
- We will then happily replace any sub-standard product.