15 Minute Summer Stew
This satisfying pork braise is quick to prepare. Turkey or chicken breasts are excellent substitutes for the pork.
YOU WILL NEED
- 2 pork fillets ± 250 g each
- 2 t (10 ml) Ina Paarman's Garlic Pepper Seasoning
- 1 T (15 ml) crushed coriander seeds
- 2 t (10 ml) brown sugar
- 3 T (45 ml) canola oil
- 1 bunch spring onions with green stems, sliced
- 1 x 400 ml Ina Paarman's Tomato, Olive & Chilli Pasta Sauce
- ¼ cup (60 ml) water
- fresh coriander to garnish
Cut the meat into 3 cm cubes. Toss with Garlic Pepper Seasoning, crushed coriander seeds and sugar.
Brown meat in batches in the oil. Remove meat with a slotted spoon to a plate. Stir-fry the spring onions briefly, until bright green, in a little more oil. Add the browned meat and Pasta Sauce.
Pour a little water into the empty bottle, shake and add to the sauce. Simmer very slowly with the lid on for 10 minutes. Taste for seasoning. Top with fresh coriander and serve on pasta accompanied by a well dressed Greek salad and crusty bread.
Use our Tomato & Basil Pasta Sauce instead of the Tomato, Olive & Chilli Sauce.
Use 6 chicken breasts in place of pork.