Angelhair Pasta with Tuna and Bell Pepper Sauce
You can actually feed four with one can of tuna. Peppers are a brilliant source of Vitamin A and C.
YOU WILL NEED
- 170 g solid meat tuna in oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- ½ t (2,5 ml) Ina Paarman’s Green Onion Seasoning
- 2 red bell peppers, finely sliced across the halves
- 1 T (15 ml) balsamic or red wine vinegar
- 1 x 400 g Ina Paarman's Tomato & Basil Pasta Sauce
- Ina Paarman's Chilli & Garlic Seasoning to taste
- 400 g angel hair pasta
- 2 cups (500 ml) baby spinach tightly packed
- 2 t (10 ml) Ina Paarman's Lemon & Black Pepper Seasoning
- 2 T (30 ml) olive oil
Drain the oil from the tuna and use it to sauté the onion, pre-seasoned with Green Onion Seasoning, until the onion is soft and just beginning to colour. Add the pepper strips and sauté until they have wilted. Add the vinegar and boil fast to evaporate it out.
Add the Pasta Sauce. Season to taste with Chilli & Garlic Seasoning. Add the flaked tuna.
Boil the pasta, fast, in plenty of unsalted water for 4 minutes. Add the spinach and boil for a final 3 minutes.
Strain the pasta. Toss with Lemon & Black Pepper Seasoning and the olive oil.
Divide the pasta between serving plates and spoon the tuna sauce over.