Avocado Ritz with Tuna
Tuna, in place of shrimps, teamed with avocado makes an excellent and affordable starter especially if you jazz up the tuna a bit.
YOU WILL NEED
- 170 g tin solid meat tuna in oil
- ½ small onion, finely chopped
- 1 gherkin, finely diced
- 6 pieces of Ina Paarman's Sundried Tomato Quarters
- Ina Paarman's Thousand Island Dressing
- 2 ripe avocados
- Ina Paarman's Lemon & Black Pepper Seasoning
Drain the oil from the tuna and flake the meat. Add the chopped onion, diced gherkin and Sundried Tomato Quarters, cut into smaller strips. Toss with ¼ cup of the Thousand Island Dressing. Can be pre-prepared and refrigerated to this stage.
To serve: Halve and pip the avocados. Season the cut halves generously with Lemon & Black Pepper Seasoning. Pile the prepared tuna filling into the hollows of the avocado halves. Pour a final coating of Thousand Island Dressing over. Serve as a starter or also delicious as a light supper dish with brown bread and cheese.