Baby Marrow Pizza with Mint and Garlic
A great vegetarian option with a delightful fresh flavour. To spice it up a little, you can use our Chilli & Garlic Seasoning instead of Vegetable Spice.
YOU WILL NEED
- Basic Pizza Dough recipe
- Ina Paarman's Tomato Pesto
- 8 baby marrows
- Ina Paarman's Vegetable Spice or Chilli & Garlic Seasoning
- olive oil
- ¼ cup (60 ml) finely grated Italian hard cheese
- 2 T (30 ml) chopped flat leaf parsley, roughly chopped
- ¼ cup (60 ml) fresh mint, roughly chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
Adjust the oven rack to the middle position. Preheat the oven to 200°C and place a large baking tray to pre-heat on the middle shelf.
Roll out a quarter of the pizza dough and re-roll on baking paper. Leave to rise until puffly.
Spread the base with Tomato Pesto. Slice the baby marrows lengthways into paper thin strips using a vegetable peeler. Season lightly with Vegetable Spice and toss with ± 3-4T olive oil. Arrange on pizza base.
Bake for ± 15 minutes on pre-heated baking tray. Sprinkle over the grated cheese.
In a small mixing bowl mix the chopped parsley, mint and garlic and sprinkle over the pizza.