Baby Marrow Spread with Basil
This starter will appeal to the whole family, as long as you don’t tell the children it is made from vegetables! It can happily be made the day before. Also delicious with cottage cheese and our Chilli Chutney on the side for a vegetarian lunch option.
YOU WILL NEED
- 350 g baby marrows, sliced into big chunks
- 2 T (30 ml) Ina Paarman's Basil Pesto
- ¼ cup (60 ml) Italian hard cheese, grated
- 2 T (30 ml) plain full cream yoghurt
- 1 t (5 ml) Ina Paarman's Seasoned Sea Salt
- 2 T (30 ml) pumpkin seeds, lightly toasted (optional)
- fresh basil leaves, watercress and cherry tomatoes, to garnish
Steam the marrows in a microwave steamer, ±6 minutes on high.
Combine in a processor with the Pesto, cheese, yoghurt and Seasoned Sea Salt. Aim for a slightly chunky/smooth texture. Dish into a serving bowl and sprinkle pumpkin seeds over if using.
Garnish with the fresh herb salad.