Baby Vegetable Salad with Cauliflower Cream and Warm Hazelnut Dressing
Enjoy the delicious dressing and cauliflower cream with baby vegetables.
YOU WILL NEED
- ½ medium cauliflower, broken into big florets with the stems
- 2 cups (500 ml) water
- 2 T (30 ml) olive oil
- Ina Paarman’s Vegetable Spice
- baby carrots, trimmed
- spring onions, cut into 3 – 4 cm lengths
- baby radishes, trimmed
- fruit in season
- ¼ cup (25 g) hazelnuts, chopped
- 1 T (15 ml) olive oil
- ½ cup (125 ml) Ina Paarman’s Reduced Oil Greek Dressing
Slow cook the cauliflower in barely simmering water with the olive oil for 10 minutes. Drain and reserve water. Liquidise cauliflower with a handheld blender, adding enough of the cauliflower stock to make a very smooth cream. Season to taste with Vegetable Spice.
Make a bold smear of Cauliflower Cream on each plate. Arrange vegetables, greens and fruit on the cauliflower.
Toast the hazelnuts in a little olive oil, add the Dressing, bring to the boil and spoon hot dressing over the salad.