Bacon and Brie Pizza with Mushrooms
A delicious luxury pizza with all the trimmings!
YOU WILL NEED
- 4 ready bought pizza bases
- 1 packet (125 ml) Ina Paarman's Sundried Tomato Pesto
- 1 T (15 ml) oil
- 6 rashers of smoked streaky bacon
- 1 T (15 ml) butter
- 1 punnet sliced mushrooms
- Ina Paarman's Garlic Pepper Seasoning
- 1 wedge (125 g) of Brie or Camembert
- fresh sage or a few rosemary needles
Adjust oven rack to one slot above middle position. Preheat the oven to 200°C.
Spread the Sundried Tomato Pesto over the pizza bases right to the edges. Cut the bacon into shorter lengths and half cook in the oil in a frying pan. Remove bacon with a slotted spoon and keep on one side.
Add butter to the bacon fat in the pan, add mushrooms and stir-fry them over high heat until beginning to soften. Season generously with Garlic Pepper Seasoning.
Sprinkle cooked mushrooms over bases, dot with small pieces of cheese and half-cooked bacon.
Bake for a further 10 minutes until nicely browned. Scatter herbs over. Cut into wedges with a pizza wheel.