Bacon and Olive Stuffing Balls
We are not stuffing the turkey, but nobody needs to miss out on the lovely flavour of sage and onion stuffing, given extra flavour with our Tomato Pesto, green olives and bacon.
YOU WILL NEED
- 1 x 100 g Ina Paarman’s Poultry Stuffing Mix
- 3 T (45 ml) butter or olive oil
- ¾ cup (180 ml) boiling water
- 4 T (60 ml) Ina Paarman’s Tomato Pesto
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- green olives, pipped and cut in half
- ±250 g streaky bacon, stretch the bacon with a rolling pin between two sheets of baking paper
- 1 turkey liver, chopped
Empty the Stuffing Mix into a medium bowl. Add butter, boiling water and Tomato Pesto. Stir and leave to stand for 5 minutes. Give it another good stir and add beaten egg and turkey liver if using.
Roll a heaped teaspoon of stuffing around an olive half and then wrap it in half a length of stretched bacon.
Secure with a toothpick.
Place in a well-oiled mini muffin pan.
**NB:** Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours or overnight to firm the mixture properly.
Adjust the oven rack to the middle position and preheat oven to 180°C.
Bake for about 20 minutes until the bacon is crispy.
Serve warm or at room temperature.