Bacon Wrapped Pork Fillets
For a summer buffet, cook the day before, refrigerate and serve sliced on a platter.
YOU WILL NEED
- 2 pork fillets (between 250 g and 300 g each)
- 2 t (10 ml) Ina Paarman's Meat Spice
- 1 t (5 ml) Ina Paarman's Garlic Pepper Seasoning
- 2-3 T (30-45 ml) olive oil
- ½ pack Ina Paarman's Sundried Tomato Quarters, drained
- 1 wheel of feta cheese, cut into thin slices
- 250 g rindless streaky bacon
- rocket leaves to garnish
Adjust the oven rack to one slot below middle position. Preheat the oven to 180°C. Slit the fillets almost through, lengthways and ‘butterfly’ them open. Season the insides with a combination of the two Seasonings and drizzle with a little olive oil. Place sundried tomatoes on the cut side of the biggest of the two fillets. Arrange thinly sliced feta on top of the Sun-dried Tomatoes. Place the smaller fillet, cut side down, matching the thin end of bottom fillet with the thick end of the top one.
On a rectangle of greaseproof paper, arrange the bacon slices overlapping so that the fatty side is against the paper.
Lay the fillet parcel on top of the bacon. Stretch bacon around the roll and secure with strong toothpicks or bamboo skewers. Turn best side up and lay it in a long, narrow ovenproof dish. Bake for 45 minutes.
Leave to cool – overnight is best. Slice into 1 cm thick slices and arrange on a platter. Garnish with rocket leaves. Also delicious served warm with mashed potatoes and green vegetables.