Baked Chicken with Gravy
Treat the family to this delicious supper dish with plenty of gravy.
YOU WILL NEED
- a small ovenproof dish ±14 cm x 19 cm
- pastry brush
- sharp knife
- chopping board
- measuring jug
- kettle (to boil water)
- oven gloves
- pair of scissors
- 2 medium potatoes scrubbed
- 4 - 6 chicken drumsticks
- Ina Paarman's Chicken Spice
- olive oil
- 1 x 25 g Ina Paarman’s Liquid Chicken Stock or 1 t (5 ml) Ina Paarman's Chicken Stock Powder
- ½ cup (125 ml) boiling water
- 1 x 200 ml Ina Paarman's Ready to Serve Chicken Gravy.
Adjust oven rack to the middle position.
Preheat the oven to 180°C
Butter a smallish ovenproof dish. Boil the whole, unpeeled potatoes for 10 minutes to pre-cook them. Allow to cool. Slice into ½ cm thick rounds. Line the dish with the sliced potatoes. Season the drumsticks all over with Chicken Spice and arrange on top of the potatoes. Drizzle with a little olive oil. Dissolve the Chicken Liquid Stock or Stock Powder in the boiling water. Pour carefully in on the side of the baking dish, so as not to wash off the spice on the chicken.
Bake for ± 35 minutes until the chicken is browned and the potatoes soft.
Squeeze the Chicken Gravy over the chicken and leave to warm through. Just let it stand for 5 minutes.
Serve the well sauced chicken and potato with some mixed vegetables or a salad.