Baked Fish with Sun-dried Tomato and Olive Topping
The robust Mediterranean flavour of this topping is outstanding on fish.
YOU WILL NEED
- 800 g firm white fish (Cape Salmon, Kabeljou, Steenbras or Kingklip), filleted and skinned
- 2 t (10 ml) Ina Paarman's Fish Spice
- olive oil
- 8 pieces of Ina Paarman's Sun-dried Tomato Quarters, drained
- 4 T (60 ml) Ina Paarman's Olive Pesto
- ¼ cup (60 ml) fresh parsley
- 1 T (15 ml) green peppercorns, drained from brine
- 3 cloves garlic
- 50 g tin anchovy fillets in oil (use the oil as well)
- 3 T (45 ml) olive oil
- freshly ground black pepper
Adjust the oven rack to the middle position. Preheat the oven to 220ºC. Season the fish with Fish Spice and lay in an ovenproof dish. Brush each fillet with olive oil. Briefly chop all the ingredients for the topping together in a processor or with a cook’s knife to form a rough-textured paste. Spread on top of the fish. Bake for 17 – 20 minutes. Serve with baked potato wedges or polenta.