Baked Pasta with Broccoli, Cauliflower and Cheese
This family favourite is good served as a vegetarian main course with a well dressed tossed salad.
YOU WILL NEED
- 1½ cups (375 ml) screw noodles
- boiling water
- 1 small cauliflower (about 1½ cups), broken into florets
- 1 small punnet broccoli (about 1½ cups), sliced into florets
- 2 - 3 T (30 - 45 ml) olive oil
- 1½ t (7,5 ml) Ina Paarman's Potato Spice
- 1½ t (7,5 ml) Ina Paarman’s Green Onion Seasoning
- ½ t (2,5 ml) grated nutmeg
- 1 x 400 ml Ina Paarman's Creamy Cheese Pasta Sauce
- 1 egg
- 4 T (60 ml) cheddar cheese, grated
- 4 T (60 ml) fresh breadcrumbs
Adjust the oven rack to the middle position. Preheat the oven to 180°C.
Boil the noodles in the boiling water for 5 minutes. Add the cauliflower and broccoli florets. Continue boiling for another 3 – 4 minutes until the vegetables are just tender.
Strain off the water and return pasta and vegetables to the saucepan. Toss with olive oil, Seasonings and nutmeg. Dish into an ovenproof dish.
Mix the Creamy Cheese Pasta Sauce with the egg until well blended. Pour over the pasta. Mix the cheese and breadcrumbs and sprinkle over the top.
Bake for about 35 minutes, until golden brown.