Bangers with Cheesy Mash
An all-time favourite. Remember the secret to perfectly cooked sausages is low heat and shaking the frying pan regularly to roll and brown the sausages evenly. Take your time for perfect results.
YOU WILL NEED
- 4 large potatoes, peeled and halved
- Ina Paarman’s Potato Spice
- 2 T (30 ml) milk
- 2 T (30 ml) butter
- 1 t (5 ml) prepared mustard (optional)
- ¼ cup (60 ml) grated cheese
- 500 g pork sausages
- 2 T (30 ml) canola oil
- 1 x 200 ml Ina Paarman’s Ready To Serve Roast Onion Gravy
- snipped chives or chopped parsley
Boil the potatoes, drain when soft and season with Potato Spice. Add milk, butter, mustard if using and grated cheese.
Use a potato ricer or mash until smooth. Place mash in serving dish.
Slowly pan-fry the sausages, in the oil, on low heat for 10 – 15 minutes.
Shake the pan to roll and brown the sausages. Remove the sausages from the pan and place on top of the mash. Add the Gravy to the pan and warm through.
Pour over the bangers and mash.
Garnish with snipped chives.