A wonderful weekday meal to come home to!
YOU WILL NEED
- 2 T (30 ml) olive or canola oil
- 6-8 beef olives
- 2 t (10 ml) Ina Paarman's Meat Spice
- 1 t (5 ml) Ina Paarman's Garlic Pepper Seasoning
- 1 large onion, chopped
- ½ (2.5 ml) Ina Paarman’s Green Onion Seasoning
- 1 cup (250 ml) water
- 2 T (30 ml) Ina Paarman's Roast Onion Soup & Gravy Powder
- 400 g tin chopped tomatoes
- chopped parsley or gremolata (see recipe below)
Adjust the oven rack to the middle position. Preheat the oven to 180ºC. Brown the beef olives all round in the oil. Remove to an ovenproof dish and season generously with Meat Spice and Garlic Pepper Seasoning. Brown the onion pre-seasoned with Green Onion Seasoning, in the remaining oil (add a little more oil if needed). Measure the water (cold) and mix the Roast Onion Soup Powder into it. Add this mix and the chopped tomatoes to the browned onions and stir while bringing it to the boil. Pour the sauce over the beef olives in the ovenproof dish. Bake for 1 hour. Sprinkle with chopped parsley or gremolata before serving.
Serve with mashed potatoes (seasoned with our Potato Spice) and green vegetables in season. A mixture of steamed broccoli and peas is really good. A tomato salad on a bed of watercress dressed with our Creamy Herb Dressing will complement the meal perfectly!
Replace ½ cup (125 ml) of the water with red wine.
- ½ cup (125 ml) chopped parsley
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 T (15 ml) grated lemon rind
Mix all ingredients together.