Beetroot and Orange Salad
A colourful and delicious winter salad. This salad can also be served as a starter.
YOU WILL NEED
- 1 bunch (± 5) medium size beetroot
- 1 t (5 ml) Ina Paarman’s Seasoned Sea Salt
- 1 red onion, sliced in half through root end
- Ina Paarman’s Green Onion Seasoning
- 2 oranges, remove the zest and keep on one side
- ½ cup (125 ml) Ina Paarman’s Reduced Oil Greek Dressing
- 1 small punnet watercress
Trim the beetroot tops shorter, leaving 2 cm. Leave the root end untrimmed. Boil in water salted with Seasoned Sea Salt for ± 40 minutes until tender.
Drain and leave until cool enough to handle. Strip off skins and slice the beetroot and onion finely on a mandolin. Arrange on a platter. Season with Green Onion Seasoning.
Cut the orange segments directly over the platter of beets to catch all the juice from the oranges.
Dress salad with Classic Greek Dressing and sprinkle orange zest over. This salad will improve with standing.
Add watercress just before serving.