Best Greek Salad
Iceberg lettuce, green peppers, tasteless tomatoes, bland feta and pap olives. Sound familiar? We wanted a Greek Salad that was worth raving over!
YOU WILL NEED
- 1 medium red onion, thinly sliced
- ½ English cucumber, cut in half lengthways, seeded and cut into 1 cm thick slices
- Ina Paarman’s Green Onion Seasoning
- ¼ cup (60 ml) Ina Paarman’s Red Wine Vinaigrette or Reduced Oil Greek Dressing
- 2 T (30 ml) fresh origanum leaves, chopped or 2 t (10 ml) dried origanum
- 12 very ripe small vine tomatoes, halved
- ¼ cup (60 ml) fresh mint leaves, torn
- 1 cos or romaine lettuce, torn into bite size pieces
- ½ cup (125 ml) Kalamata olives, pipped and halved
- 8 Ina Paarman’s Sun-dried Tomato Quarters, each cut into 4 pieces
- 1 wheel of best quality feta cheese
In a salad bowl, marinate the onion and cucumber, seasoned with the Green Onion Seasoning, in the Vinaigrette and origanum for 20 minutes. Top with the tomatoes, mint and torn lettuce. Just before serving add olives, Sun-dried Tomato pieces and feta. Only now toss gently to mix ingredients.