Best Mashed Potatoes
The secret behind delicious mashed potatoes? Cook the potatoes in our Chicken Stock instead of water!
YOU WILL NEED
- 5 medium-large potatoes, peeled and cut into quarters
- 1 cup (250 ml) water
- 2 t (10 ml) Ina Paarman’s Chicken Stock Powder
- ½ cup (125 ml) full cream milk (or use half milk and half cream)
- 1 T (15 ml) butter or olive oil
- Ina Paarman’s Potato Spice
Place the potatoes, water and Stock Powder into a saucepan and cook, with the lid on, for 12-15 minutes until potatoes are fork tender. Spoon the potatoes into a mixing bowl (reserve the stock) and mash finely with a potato masher (I prefer to use a potato ricer)
Add the milk, ½ cup of reserved stock and butter or olive oil to the mashed potatoes. Beat with a wooden spoon until well mixed. Add a little more stock if needed. Season to taste with Potato Spice.
Add ¼ cup (60 ml) of chopped parsley and/or 2-3 cloves of crushed garlic and a dash of freshly grated nutmeg.