Nobody that I know can resist these delights! We have made them in two sizes, big and medium. The free hand chocolate piping and the decadent fudge topping makes them extra special. This will bring back traditional South African childhood memories.
YOU WILL NEED
- 2 extra large eggs, at room temperature
- ½ cup (125 ml) canola oil
- ¼ cup (60 ml) melted butter
- ½ cup (125 ml) milk
- 1 x 550 g Ina Paarman’s Chocolate Brownie Mix
- ⅓ cup (80 g) butter, melted
- 3T (45 ml) golden syrup
- 1 x 385 g can condensed milk
- ½ cup (100 g) castor sugar
- 1 x 90 g slab plain dark chocolate
- cocoa for dusting
Adjust oven rack to middle position. Preheat oven to 180°C.
Line a 35 cm x 22 cm swissroll pan with baking paper
Mix according to package instructions and pour into pan.
Bake for 20 minutes.
Leave to cool.
To make the fudge layer
Slowly bring all the fudge ingredients to the boil, in a small saucepan while stirring continuously. Turn the heat down as it burns easily. Boil for about 5 minutes until thick and a light caramel colour. The mixture will leave a line on the bottom of the pan when you pull a wooden spoon through it. Spread it over the baked and cooled brownie slab and leave to cool and set.
Melt the chocolate over warm water. Cut brownie slab into heart shapes. Pipe with melted chocolate and dust with cocoa.