Our Brownies are one of our most popular bake mixes. Do try this white chocolate recipe with added nuts using our Vanilla Cake Mix.
YOU WILL NEED
- 2 extra large eggs, at room temperature
- ½ cup (125 ml) butter, melted
- ½ cup (125 ml) canola oil
- ¾ cup (180 ml) fresh full cream milk, warmed
- 1 x 600 g Ina Paarman’s Vanilla Cake Mix
- 70 g pecan nuts, roughly chopped
- 100 g white chocolate disks or chips, roughly chopped
- icing sugar for dusting
Adjust the oven rack to the middle position. Preheat the oven to 180°C.
Butter a 22 cm x 22 cm pan and line the base with baking paper.
Beat eggs, melted butter and oil together for 30 seconds on high speed.
Add warmed milk and beat until blended.
Add half the Cake Mix and gently fold in by hand.
Add the roughly chopped pecan nuts, white chocolate and remaining Cake Mix. Fold in carefully with a spatula. Blend until just combined, do not beat, folding by hand gives the best result.
Scrape mixture into the prepared pan.
Bake for 25 – 30 minutes. Blondies are done when a thin-bladed knife inserted into the centre comes out clean or the cake pulls away slightly from the sides.
Allow to cool in the pan for 10 minutes. Turn out onto a cooling rack.
Cut into squares on a wooden board when cold. Dust with icing sugar to serve.