Bow-tie Pasta with Ham and Peas
A great meal in one. Kids seem to love bow-tie pasta and the ham and peas give colour and add a nutritional bonus.
YOU WILL NEED
- 250 g bow-tie pasta
- 2 T (30 ml) olive oil
- 2 t (10 ml) Ina Paarman’s Vegetable Spice
- 1 T (15 ml) butter
- 1 small onion, chopped
- ½ t (2.5 ml) Ina Paarman’s Green Onion Seasoning
- 125 g sandwich ham or chicken, sliced into strips
- 2 cups (500 ml) frozen peas
- 1 x 200 g Ina Paarman’s Ready to Serve Cheese Sauce
Boil pasta according to pack instructions. Drain and reserve ± ¼ cup (60 ml) of pasta water.
Toss pasta with oil and Vegetable Spice.
Keep on one side.
Sauté the onion, seasoned with Green Onion Seasoning, until golden and soft.
Add ham and peas. Stir-fry for 1 minute.
Add Cheese Sauce and reserved pasta water. Add pasta and heat through.
Taste for seasoning and serve.