Bread and Cheese Bake
Lunch is ready!
YOU WILL NEED
- 27 cm x 17 cm oven proof dish
- pastry brush
- chopping board
- small serrated knife
- large measuring jug
- wire whisk
- pair of scissors
- 175g (6 slices) brown or white bread
- 100 g gouda or cheddar cheese, cut into 1cm x 1cm cubes
- 3 eggs
- 1 x 200ml Ina Paarman's Ready to Serve Cheese Sauce
- 1½ cups (375 ml) fresh full cream milk
- a handful of baby tomatoes, cut in half
- Ina Paarman's Green Onion Seasoning
Use the pastry brush to oil the ovenproof dish.
Cut the bread slices, with crust on, into 2 cm squares and put the bread into the dish.
Scatter the cheese blocks over the bread.
In a large measuring jug, beat together the eggs, Cheese Sauce and the milk. Slowly pour milky mixture evenly over the bread, make sure that all the pieces are coated with the mixture. Leave the dish to stand for ten minutes so that the egg and milk mixture is absorbed into the bread and it goes slightly soggy.
Adjust the oven rack to the middle position. Preheat the oven to 180°C.
Cut the tomatoes in half and scatter over the dish. Season everything with Green Onion Seasoning. Put the dish into the oven and bake for 35 minutes, until golden brown.