Broccoli Soup with Feta Cheese
The fresh green colour and full flavour gives this soup real appetite appeal and it is seriously good for you!
YOU WILL NEED
- 1 T (15 ml) butter
- 1 T (15 ml) oil
- 3 medium potatoes, peeled and cut into small blocks
- ½ t (2,5 ml) Ina Paarman’s Green Onion Seasoning
- 2 onions finely chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 5 cups (1,25 litres) boiling water
- 3 T (45 ml) Ina Paarman's Chicken Stock Powder
- 500g broccoli cut into florets
- Ina Paarman's Seasoned Sea Salt, to taste
- 1 bunch chives, finely sliced
- 1-2 wheels of feta cheese, crumbled
Sauté the potatoes and onions, pre-seasoned with Green Onion Seasoning, in the butter and oil mixture. Add the garlic when limp. Dissolve the Chicken Stock in boiling water and add together with broccoli. Boil for ±10 minutes until potatoes and broccoli are tender. Liquidise, taste for seasoning and add half the chives. To serve, reheat and garnish with the remaining chives and feta cheese. Alternatively, during the summer, serve cold, topped with the feta cheese and remaining chives.