A delicious and filling Vegetarian salad.
YOU WILL NEED
- 1 kg butternut, peeled and cubed
- ¼ cup (60 ml) olive oil
- 2 t (10 ml) Ina Paarman’s Vegetable Spice
- 2 T (30 ml) Ina Paarman’s Vegetable Stock Powder
- 3 cups (750 ml) brown lentils
- 3 cups (750 ml) Bulgar wheat
- 1 cup (250 ml) Ina Paarman’s Reduced Oil Greek Dressing
- 4 cloves of garlic, crushed
- Ina Paarman’s Garlic Pepper Seasoning
- ½ cup (125 ml) chopped mint
- ½ cup (125 ml) chopped Italian parsley
- ¼ cup (60 ml) origanum
- 1 medium red onion, finely chopped
- 2 tubs (400 g) Danish feta, cubed
- 425 g kalamata olives, pipped
- 100 g walnuts
- zest of 1 lemon
- ½ cup (125 ml) chopped parsley
Adjust oven rack to the middle position and pre-heat the oven to 200°C.
Toss the butternut cubes with olive oil and Vegetable Spice.
Spread out on a rimmed baking sheet and bake for 30 – 35 minutes until soft and charring around the edges.
Keep on one side.
Measure 4 cups of water, the Vegetable Stock Powder and lentils into a biggish saucepan.
Boil for 8 minutes. Add the Bulgar wheat and cook for a further 12 minutes until done.
Decant into a colander and drain. Shake off any excess water and decant into a large mixing bowl.
Stir in the Dressing as well as the rest of the salad ingredients. Gently fold in the cooked butternut.
Dish Tabbouleh into a large platter and top with feta, olives, walnuts, lemon zest and chopped parsley.
Fork through gently.
Can be pre-prepared in advance.
If time permits cover the lentils with water and soak them overnight.