Cajun Chicken Pasta
To prevent dryness it is best to brown the breasts whole and then slice them. Finish the cooking in the delicious sauce.
YOU WILL NEED
- 400 g penne
- boiling water
- 2 t (10 ml) Ina Paarman's Pasta Spice
- olive oil
- 4 skinless chicken breast fillets
- 4 t (20 ml) Ina Paarman's Cajun Spice
- 1 x 400 ml Ina Paarman's Tomato & Basil Pasta Sauce
- ½ cup (125 ml) fresh cream
- ½ cup (125 ml) grated Pecorino cheese
- 2 T (30 ml) chopped fresh herbs e.g. basil, chives or majoram
Boil the pasta in the water for 8 – 10 minutes. Reserve ½ cup (125 ml) of the water and drain off the rest. Toss the pasta with Pasta Spice and 2 T (30 ml) olive oil.
Working on a plate, sprinkle 1 t (5 ml) of Cajun Seasoning over each breast. Drizzle and turn the spiced breasts in olive oil. Heat a heavy based frying pan and brown the oiled breasts on both sides without cooking them right through, ± 3 minutes on each side. Remove from pan, back to the plate and leave to stand for 5 minutes. Slice chicken breasts on the diagonal into strips.
Add the reserved pasta water back into the pan to deglaze it. Add Pasta Sauce and cream. Return sliced chicken to the sauce and cook gently for 5 minutes. Toss chicken and sauce with cooked pasta. Add half of the grated cheese and stir through. Sprinkle the rest of the cheese and chopped fresh herbs over when serving. Serve with a green salad dressed with our Classic Balsamic Vinaigrette.