Feel like a night out? Do it at home!
YOU WILL NEED
- 600 g frozen Calamari rings
- 2 t (10 ml) Ina Paarman’s Chilli & Garlic Seasoning
- olive oil
- 300 g linguine
- 2 t (10 ml) Ina Paarman’s Lemon & Black Pepper Seasoning
- 1 – 2 T (15 – 30 ml) butter
- 2 cloves garlic, finely sliced
- ½ cup (125 ml) white or rosé wine
- 1 x 25 g Ina Paarman’s Liquid Fish Stock
- ± ½ cup (125 ml) reserved pasta water
- ¼ cup (60 ml) chopped parsley
Defrost calamari in a colander. Shake dry and decant into a mixing bowl.
Add Chilli & Garlic Seasoning and 3 T (45 ml) of olive oil.
Toss to coat. Leave to marinate for 20 minutes.
In the meantime boil the pasta according to pack instructions.
Drain and reserve ½ cup (125 ml) of the pasta water. Return pasta to the pan. Add 2 T (30 ml) olive oil and Lemon & Black Pepper Seasoning.
Add 1 T (15 ml) of olive oil to a frying pan.
Stir-fry calamari in three batches over medium heat, turning rings as soon as they take on colour.
Line a colander with absorbent paper towel and decant the first batch of cooked calamari into it.
Continue adding a little more oil when necessary and cooking until all the batches are done.
Remove the frying pan from the heat, add butter, garlic and wine. Boil fast to reduce the wine by half. Add undiluted Liquid Fish Stock and pasta water.
Boil for 2 minutes to concentrate the sauce over medium heat. Taste
Add pasta and calamari, toss and heat through.
Sprinkle over chopped parsley.
Serve in the pan or in pasta bowls with a salad dressed with our Red Wine Vinaigrette and some crusty bread to mop up all the juices.