Cappuccino Chocolate Pudding
A stunning dessert ideal to feed a crowd. We especially love the moist coffee and chocolate combination. If baked in 2 smaller dishes the one will freeze well for another occasion.
YOU WILL NEED
- 3 extra large eggs, at room temperature
- 1 cup (250 ml) canola oil
- 1 cup (250 ml) double strength hot black coffee
- 1 x 650 g Ina Paarman's Chocolate Cake Mix
- ¾ cup (180 ml) double strength hot black coffee
- 1 cup (250 ml) fresh cream
- ½ cup (125 ml) brown sugar
- ½ cup (125 g) butter
Adjust oven rack to middle position. Preheat oven to 180ºC. Butter a 34 cm x 24 cm x 5 cm deep ovenproof dish. Beat eggs and oil for 1 minute on high speed until well blended. Add hot black coffee and beat for 1 minute longer. Add contents of pack and gently mix in by hand with a spatula. Scrape mixture into prepared dish. Bake for 35 – 40 minutes.
Boil coffee syrup ingredients together for 2 minutes. Prick cake with a fork and pour warm coffee syrup over the cake as soon as it comes out of the oven. Serve warm or at room temperature with ice cream or custard.