Carrot and Nut Cupcakes
To make our Carrot Cake even more ‘carroty’ with visible specs of carrot and a looser texture, add some coarsely grated raw carrot. Follow the instructions below.
YOU WILL NEED
- 1 x 595 g Ina Paarman’s Carrot Cake Mix
- 2 extra large eggs, at room temperature
- ¼ cup (60 g) butter, melted
- ½ cup (125 ml) canola oil
- ½ cup (125 ml) fresh full cream milk, warmed
- ¾ cup (180 ml) coarsely grated raw carrots
- ½ cup (50 g) pecan nuts, roughly chopped
Adjust the oven rack to the middle position. Preheat the oven to 180°C.
Line a muffin pan with cupcake holders.
In a mixing bowl, beat eggs and melted butter together for 30 seconds on high speed until well blended. Carry on beating while adding the oil.
Add warmed milk and beat briefly on high speed.
Add carrot and pineapple mixture and extra grated carrot and beat in very briefly.
Add the flour mix and ¼ cup (60 ml) of nuts. Gently fold flour and nuts in by hand with a spatula, until combined. It is important not to overmix.
Sprinkle the remaining nuts over the cupcakes.
Place in the oven and bake for ± 20 minutes.
The cupcakes are done when they are golden brown and a thin-bladed knife inserted into the cupcakes comes out clean.
Cool in the pan for 5 minutes. Lift out, onto a cooling rack.
Store in an airtight container. They remain moist for 2 days.