Cauliflower Cheese Soup
Smooth, silky and very nutritious. Real winter comfort food. A great way to eat vegetables.
YOU WILL NEED
- chopping board
- vegetable knife
- vegetable peeler
- or a green sponge scrubbing pad
- measuring spoons
- measuring cups
- pair of scissors
- medium bowl
- medium saucepan with lid
- wooden spoon
- hand held blender
- four soup bowls
- 2 small carrots, peeled or scrubbed *
- 1 stick of celery, finely sliced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 cauliflower, roughly cut up
- 2 t (10 ml) Ina Paarman’s Vegetable Spice
- 2 T (30 ml) olive oil
- 2 x 25 g Ina Paarman’s Liquid Vegetable Stock
- 4 cups (1 litre) water
- 1 x 200 ml Ina Paarman's Ready to Serve Cheese Sauce
- ¼ cup (60 ml) grated cheese
Prepare all the vegetables, place in a medium mixing bowl and toss with Vegetable Spice. Gently stir-fry the vegetables in the olive oil in a medium size saucepan.
When the vegetables are beginning to soften (± 3 min) add the Liquid Vegetable Stock and water. Simmer the soup, with the lid on slightly skew, for ± 20 minutes. Test with a fork to make sure that the vegetables are soft.
Liquidise with a hand held blender. When smooth, add the Cheese Sauce and liquidise a little more until silky smooth. Pour into soup bowls. Add a sprinkling of grated cheese to each serving.
Serve with toast.
* Easy way to clean carrots is to scrub them with a green sponge scrubbing pad.