Char-grilled Shallot Quiche
The Char-grilled Shallots give a lovely flavour to this quiche, it reheats beautifully the next day and in fact the flavour is even better. Do not freeze.
YOU WILL NEED
- soft butter
- ¾ cup (80 ml) fresh breadcrumbs (2 - 3 slices of bread)
- ¾ cup (180 ml) grated cheddar or gouda cheese
- ½ a 300 g pack Ina Paarman’s Char-grilled Shallots, drained and sliced into rings (reserve 4 T vinaigrette)
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup (250 ml) fresh cream
- 1 x 200 ml Ina Paarman’s Ready to Serve Cheese Sauce
- ½ t (2.5 ml) Ina Paarman’s Chilli & Garlic Seasoning
Butter a 22 cm flan dish or 4 x 12 cm round individual ovenproof dishes really well with soft butter. Shake ½ cup (125 ml) of the fresh breadcrumbs in the dish(es), so that some of the crumbs adhere to the bottom and sides. Place dish(es) in the freezer to set the crumbs, while making the filling.
Adjust the oven-shelf to the middle position. Preheat the oven to 170°C.
Sprinkle ½ cup (125 ml) of grated cheese into the dish(es). Mix the remaining ¼ cup (60 ml) of cheese with the remaining ¼ cup (60 ml) of breadcrumbs. Reserve.
Place the Shallots on top of the grated cheese in the dish(es).
Beat the eggs with the cream, Cheese Sauce and Seasoning and pour evenly over the Shallots.
Sprinkle over the remaining cheese and breadcrumb mixture. Drizzle over the reserved vinaigrette.
Bake for ± 30 – 35 minutes until golden and puffy.
Serve straight away if possible or leave to cool and re-heat before serving.
Serve with a fresh, green salad dressed with our Herb Dressing.