Char-grilled Summer Salad
Vary this salad with whatever you have in your grocery cupboard or fridge. Asparagus, now in season, is delicious grilled. The eggs give colour and the Char-grilled Antipasti Vegetables add a touch of class.
YOU WILL NEED
- 100 g fresh green asparagus
- Ina Paarman’s Green Onion Seasoning
- 2 T (30 ml) olive oil
- 1 x 250 g Ina Paarman’s Char-grilled Mushrooms
- 1 x 300 g Ina Paarman’s Char-grilled Shallots (optional)
- 4 smallish eggs, hard boiled, peeled and halved
- Ina Paarman’s Seasoned Sea Salt
- small punnet of baby spinach
- olive oil
Season the asparagus with Green Onion Seasoning and drizzle with 1 T (15 ml) olive oil.
Grill briefly on a hot griddle pan until marked all round. Keep on one side.
Cut open the bag of Char-grilled Mushrooms and/or Char-grilled Shallots.
Place a colander or sieve over a smallish mixing bowl and decant the char-grilled vegetables into the sieve.
Reserve the vinaigrette in which the vegetables were packed.
Arrange the baby spinach on a platter. Add the char-grilled vegetables together with the grilled asparagus.
Top with halved hard-boiled eggs, seasoned with Seasoned Sea Salt.
Drizzle a little of retained vinaigrette and extra olive oil over the salad before serving.