Cheesy Polenta Tartlets with Pesto and Fresh Tomatoes
Use a muffin pan with small holes for these traditional tartlets. An economical and popular party snack!
YOU WILL NEED
- 4 cups (1 litre) water
- 3 T (45 ml) Ina Paarman’s Chicken Stock Powder
- 1 heaped cup (180g) coarse yellow polenta (mieliemeal)
- 3 T (45 ml) butter
- ½ cup (125 ml) grated pecorino cheese
- 1 x 25 g Ina Paarman’s Basil Pesto
- 36 fresh basil leaves (smallish ones)
- 18 baby tomatoes, halved
- Ina Paarman’s Green Onion Seasoning
Bring the water to the boil and add the Stock Powder. Add the polenta in a thin stream to the stock while whisking with a wire whisk.
Cook slowly with the lid on for 15-20 minutes stirring occasionally. Stir in the butter and cheese. Oil three mini-muffin pans and fill the hollows with the polenta mixture.
Smooth the tops over neatly with a palatte knife or scraper. Leave to stand overnight or for a couple of hours to firm at room temperature.
Remove the tartlets from the pan. Spread each one with Basil Pesto. Top with a fresh basil leaf and halved a baby tomato seasoned with Green Onion Seasoning.