Cheesy Tuna Pots
This is an excellent way to get the kids to eat fish! The pots can be frozen and will travel well in a lunchbox, without spilling or breaking up.
YOU WILL NEED
- 1 x 170g tin shredded light meat tuna in vegetable oil
- 1T (15ml) butter
- ½ t (2,5ml) Ina Paarman's Green Onion Seasoning
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 x 200ml Ina Paarman's Ready to Serve Cheese Sauce
- 2 eggs, beaten
- ½ cup (125ml) grated cheddar cheese
- Ina Paarman's Braai & Grill Seasoning or Cajun Spice
Adjust the oven rack to the middle position.
Preheat the oven to 180°C.
Butter 6 – 8 small ramekins or 15 tiny disposable pots.
Pour the oil from the tuna into a medium frying pan. Heat gently and add butter.
Add the Green Onion Seasoning to the onion and add to oil/butter mixture. Sauté onion until soft and golden.
Spoon the tuna into a medium mixing bowl. Add the Cheese Sauce, beaten eggs and grated cheese. Stir in the sauteéd onions.
Dish the tuna mixture into the prepared dishes. Dust tops with Braai & Grill Seasoning and group together on a baking sheet or in a large oven dish.
Place in the oven and bake for 20 – 25 minutes until golden brown and puffy.
Serve warm for supper or at room temperature in lunch boxes.