This Cherry Cheesecake looks so pretty and using a packet of jelly to set the cherries is a time saver. The Cheesecake will keep very well in the fridge (covered) for a week.
YOU WILL NEED
- 1 cup (250 ml) cold tap water
- 1 x 250 g Ina Paarman’s Lemon Flavour Cheesecake Mix
- 1 cup (250 ml) fresh whipping cream
- 80 g packet red jelly crystals (cherry, raspberry or strawberry)
- 1 cup (250 ml) boiling water
- 425 g can of black cherries in syrup
Measure the water into a medium size mixing bowl. Sprinkle the cheesecake mix over the water and beat until well blended. In a smaller mixing bowl, whip the cream until soft peak stage. Using the same beaters, whip the cheesecake mixture again for 1 minute until smooth.
Gently fold the whipped cream into the cheesecake mixture using a spatula or metal spoon and stir until evenly blended. Dish the mixture into a rectangular dish about 26 cm x 14 cm x 4.5 cm deep. Refrigerate.
Combine the jelly crystals with one cup of boiling water in a medium size mixing bowl. When the jelly has dissolved completely add the tin of cherries with all the syrup. Refrigerate until the jelly has thickened to the consistency of raw egg white. Spoon the jelly with cherries over the cheesecake. Cover and refrigerate overnight.