Chicken and Char-grilled Pepper Salad
Classy and cool, we plated the salad on a pretty non-breakable plastic plate. Easy to transport and non-breakable.
YOU WILL NEED
- 1 shop bought rotisserie chicken, skinned and boned
- Ina Paarman’s Cajun Spice
- 1 x 250 g Ina Paarman’s Char-grilled Peppers
- 4 extra large eggs, at room temperature
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1 pack mixed salad leaves
- 1 red onion, finely sliced into rings
- 1 ripe avocado
- Ina Paarman’s Lemon & Black Pepper Seasoning
- Ina Paarman’s Honey Mustard Dressing
Skin and bone the chicken into bite size pieces and shred the meat. Season with Cajun Spice.
Pour half the vinaigrette from the Peppers over the chicken and allow to marinate for a few hours or overnight.
Bring 4 cups (1 litre) water to a boil in a smallish saucepan.
Gently lower eggs into water and boil for exactly 7 minutes for medium-set yolks. Immediately transfer eggs to a bowl of ice water and chill until cold, about 5 minutes.
Peel eggs, cut in half and season with freshly ground black pepper.
Line a platter with green salad leaves.
Top with chicken, drained pepper strips, eggs, sliced onion and slices of avocado brushed with some remaining marinade from peppers and seasoned with Lemon & Black Pepper Seasoning.
Drizzle with Honey Mustard Dressing.
We priced whole fresh chickens which needed to be roasted at home vs. ready cooked rotisserie chickens and these were cheaper and more convenient to use.