Chicken and Mushroom Broth Thai Style
This tasty, quick meal-in-one, is different but not so way-out that the family won’t enjoy it.
YOU WILL NEED
- 4 skinless chicken breasts
- 4 T (60 ml) Ina Paarman's Basil Pesto
- 2 T (30 ml) peanut or canola oil
- 200g - 250 g mushrooms, sliced
- 4 cups (1 litre) of water
- 4 T (60 ml) Ina Paarman's Chicken Stock Powder
- 1 cup (250 ml) small pasta shells
- 2 T (30 ml) soy sauce
- ½ bunch pak choi or spinach
- ½ -1 red chilli, finely sliced
- ½ -1 t (2,5-5 ml) Ina Paarman's Chilli & Garlic Seasoning
- 1 T (15 ml) fresh lemon juice
Make 3 – 4 diagonal slashes into each breast and rub Basil Pesto over the breasts and into the slashes. Place breasts on a plate and microwave open on 70% power for 6 minutes. Leave to rest.
Sauté the mushrooms in the oil until limp, add the water, Chicken Stock Powder and pasta shells. Simmer for 8 minutes until the pasta is cooked. Add the soy sauce, greens and sliced chilli, bring to the boil for one minute only. Slice the pre-cooked chicken breasts on the diagonal. Add the sliced chicken, just bring to the boil, and immediately remove the pan from the heat.
Taste and add Chilli & Garlic Seasoning and lemon juice. Serve in soup plates with fresh bread on the side.