Chicken Breasts with Cheese and Spring Onions
A quick and easy supper dish, loved by all ages.
YOU WILL NEED
- 4 skinless chicken breast fillets
- Ina Paarman's Green Onion Seasoning
- 4 slices of cheddar or gouda cheese
- 1 x 200 ml Ina Paarman's Ready to Serve Fat Reduced Cheese Sauce or Ina Paarman's Ready to Serve Cheese Sauce
- 6 spring onions, sliced with green tops
- ⅔ cup (40 g) fresh breadcrumbs
- 2 T (30 ml) melted butter
Adjust the oven rack to the middle position. Preheat oven to 180°C.
Slice the breasts along the flat side to open them up butterfly style. Season both sides with Green Onion Seasoning.
Sandwich a slice of cheese into each breast and lay them top/tail fashion into a smallish buttered ovenproof dish. Sprinkle the spring onions over the breasts and squeeze the Cheese Sauce evenly over them.
Toss the breadcrumbs with the melted butter. Sprinkle over the breasts. Bake for 20 – 25 minutes. Rest for 5 minutes. Serve with a tossed salad dressed with our Herb Dressing.