Chicken Curry with Spinach
A quick, easy, delicious and economical chicken curry.
YOU WILL NEED
- 4 skinless chicken breasts, buy the nice meaty free range ones
- 2 t (10 ml) Ina Paarman's Lemon & Black Pepper Seasoning or Masala Spice
- 1 cup (250 ml) hot water
- 1 T (15 ml) Ina Paarman's Chicken Stock Powder or 2 x 25 g Ina Paarman's Liquid Chicken Stock
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 large bunch spinach, shredded
- 1 x 200 ml Ina Paarman’s Tikka Curry Coat & Cook Sauce
- ½ cup (125 ml) fresh cream
- ½ punnet fresh coriander leaves
Season the chicken with Lemon & Black Pepper Seasoning. Pour water into a pan, add Liquid Chicken Stock and onion. Pack the breasts on top of the onion in a single layer. Cover with a lid. Bring to a slow boil and cook for 3 minutes. Turn the breasts over and cook for a final 3 minutes. Remove chicken from the pan and leave to rest while cooking the spinach.
Add the spinach to the remaining stock in the pan and boil open on high heat until the spinach is wilted. Slice the chicken breasts on the diagonal. Add the Tikka Sauce to the spinach, then add the chicken and lastly the cream and stir and heat through.
Sprinkle with fresh coriander. Serve with papadums or rice and the sambal salads of your choice.