Chicken Noodle Salad
Any leftover cooked meat e.g. Turkey, Lamb or Beef can be used in place of the poached chicken.
YOU WILL NEED
- ½ cup (125ml) of hot water
- 1 x 25g Ina Paarman's Liquid Chicken Stock
- 4 skinless chicken breasts
- Ina Paarman's Masala Spice
- 3 sticks of celery
- 1 bunch spring onions, very finely sliced diagonally
- 2 red-skinned apples unpeeled, cored and thinly sliced
- 1 cup (500ml) of raw screw noodles, cooked and drained
- ¾ cup (180ml) Ina Paarman's Honey Mustard Dressing
- salad greens
- ½ cup (125ml) roughly chopped pecan nuts, lightly toasted
Bring the water and Chicken Stock to the boil.
Season chicken generously with Masala Spice, add the chicken breasts to the stock and turn the heat to low. Cover and cook for 5 minutes only. Turn the chicken, replace the lid on the pan, remove the pan from the stove and leave the chicken in the stock to cool for 10 minutes. Toss the celery with the spring onions and apples. Slice the chicken across the grain into 5mm thick slices. Return it to the stock to soak up moisture for 5 minutes. Drain and toss the chicken and noodles in Honey Mustard Dressing. Fold in celery, apples and spring onions. Place salad greens around edge of plate and pile chicken in the middle. Sprinkle over nuts. Serve with crusty bread and butter, and a Late Harvest Wine, well chilled.