Chicken Salad with Croutons
A winner! Easy to make and filling enough for a hungry family.
YOU WILL NEED
- ⅓ ciabatta or rustica loaf
- olive oil
- Ina Paarman’s Garlic & Herb Seasoning
- Ina Paarman’s Chicken Spice
- 1 rotisserie chicken, meat stripped off the bone
- 6 – 8 radishes, well rinsed, trimmed and cut into rounds
- 1 bunch spring onions, cut on the diagonal
- Ina Paarman’s Creamy Honey Mustard or Caesar Dressing
- 1 head butter lettuce, torn into bite size pieces
- 1 avocado, cubed
Adjust the oven rack to the middle position and preheat oven to 200°C. Break the bread into irregular pieces. Toss with ¼ cup (60 ml) of olive oil and 1 t (5 ml) of Garlic & Herb Seasoning. Spread out in a single layer on a baking sheet. Bake for ± 10 minutes until golden and crispy. Season the chicken meat lightly with Chicken Spice to taste, add the radishes and spring onions. Toss with ¼ cup (60 ml) of Honey Mustard Dressing. Line a platter with lettuce leaves. Add chicken mixture, avocado and croutons. Drizzle over a little more Dressing before serving.