Traditional South African sosaties. Marinating the chicken in a mixture of yoghurt and our Butter Chicken Coat & Cook Sauce gives outstanding tenderness and great flavour.
YOU WILL NEED
- 8 de-boned chicken thighs
- 2 t (10 ml) Ina Paarman’s Garlic & Herb Seasoning
- ½ cup (125 ml) plain double cream yoghurt
- 1 x 200 ml Ina Paarman’s Butter Chicken Coat & Cook Sauce
- ±100 g dried Turkish apricots or yellow peaches (halved)
- ½ cup (125 ml) hot water
- 1 x 25 g Ina Paarman’s Liquid Chicken Stock
- 1 onion, cut into 4 wedges and separated into leaves
- olive oil
Cut chicken thighs into halves.
Season the chicken with Garlic & Herb Seasoning. Mix the yoghurt and Butter Chicken Sauce together in a mixing bowl and add the chicken, turn to coat. Leave covered overnight in the fridge.
Mix the hot water with the Chicken Stock and add the apricot halves. Cover and leave in the fridge overnight.
Alternate the chicken, onion and apricot halves on kebab sticks.
Braai over a gentle fire until cooked on the inside and lightly charred on the outside. Drizzle lightly with olive oil now and again.