Chicken Soup with Sweetcorn
A classic Asian Style soup, loved by young and old.
YOU WILL NEED
- 2 chicken breasts
- Ina Paarman's Chilli & Garlic or Green Onion Seasoning
- 1 T (15 ml) cornflour (Maizena)
- 1 - 2 T (15 - 30 ml) canola oil
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- ½ t (2,5 ml) Ina Paarman’s Green Onion Seasoning
- 1 T (15 ml) fresh ginger, finely grated
- 4 cups (1 litre) boiling water
- 4 x 25 g Ina Paarman’s Liquid Chicken Stock
- 400 g tin creamed sweetcorn
- 3 spring onions, finely sliced
Season the breasts on both sides with Chilli & Garlic or Green Onion Seasoning and dip into cornflour.
Preheat a medium size heavy based saucepan. Add one tablespoon of oil and brown the breasts lightly on both sides, don’t cook them right through. Remove and keep on the side. Add a little more oil, if needed, and brown the onion seasoned with Green Onion Seasoning. Add and stir through the ginger.
Add the boiling water, Chicken Stock and sweetcorn. Simmer for 5 minutes. Slice the chicken into fine strips across the grain and add to the soup. Simmer very gently for another 3 – 5 minutes. Taste for seasoning.
Add the sliced spring onions. Serve in soup bowls.