Chicken Stir-Fry with Noodles
A substantial healthy meal in one. The chicken mini-fillets can easily be replaced with steak strips or prawns. I love the pak-choi but if not available you can use finely shredded cabbage. Any leftovers can be frozen.
YOU WILL NEED
- 400 g mini chicken fillets
- 2 t (10 ml) cornflour (maizena)
- 1 x 200 ml Ina Paarman’s Honey & Soy Coat & Cook Sauce
- canola oil
- 250 g Chinese egg noodles
- ± 1 t (5 ml) Ina Paarman's Seasoned Sea Salt
- ¼ cup (60 ml) sherry (optional)
- 200 - 250 g button mushrooms, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 t (10 ml) fresh ginger, grated
- 1 bunch spring onions, finely sliced
- 200 g pak-choi - loosen the leaves and slice big ones in half lengthways
- 1 x 25 g Ina Paarman’s Liquid Chicken Stock
- ½ cup (125 ml) water
Toss the chicken fillets in a plastic bag, with the cornflour. Add 3 T (45 ml) of the Honey & Soy Sauce and 3 T of canola oil. Massage the bag to coat the chicken. Leave to marinate at room temperature for 15 minutes.
Cook the Chinese noodles according to pack instructions. Drain, return to the pot and add Seasoned Sea Salt and 2 T (30 ml) of oil. Leave to stand.
Dry heat a large frying pan or wok, no need to add oil to the pan.
Put the chicken in a single layer in the pan or wok. Allow to brown, without stirring, turn and briefly cook the other side. Do not overcook. Transfer chicken to a medium size bowl.
Add sherry to the pan and reduce by half. Add 2 tablespoons of oil to the pan, stir-fry the mushrooms very briefly (they must not draw water), add garlic, ginger and half of the spring onions.
Stir-fry for 1 minute to wake up the flavours. Add the pak-choi and stir-fry for another minute.
Add the Chicken Stock and water, bring to the boil and add the remaining Honey & Soy Sauce.
Return the chicken to the pan together with the cooked noodles and heat through. Sprinkle reserved spring onions over the dish and serve.