Chickpea and Watermelon Salad
Roasting brings out the nutty flavour of chickpeas. They are rich in plant proteins and a good source of iron, folate and vitamin E.
YOU WILL NEED
- 400 g tin chickpeas, drained
- 1 t (5 ml) ground cumin
- 1 t (5 ml) Ina Paarman’s Garlic & Herb Seasoning
- ½ t (2.5 ml) Ina Paarman’s Chilli & Garlic Seasoning
- 2 T (30 ml) olive oil
- 1 cup baby tomatoes, cut into quarters
- 3 mini cucumbers, sliced on the diagonal
- ⅛ of a small watermelon, cut into triangles
- ½ cup (125ml) Kalamata olives, pipped
- 1 small red onion, sliced into rings
- 1 round feta cheese, sliced
- ½ cup (125 ml) Ina Paarman’s Reduced Oil Greek Dressing
Adjust oven rack to middle position and preheat oven to 180°C. Line a Swiss roll pan with baking paper.
Combine the chickpeas, cumin, Garlic & Herb and Chilli & Garlic Seasoning, and the olive oil and stir until evenly coated. Spread out in an even layer on the lined pan.
Bake for 15 minutes until lightly browned.
Season the tomatoes and cucumber with Chilli & Garlic Seasoning. Assemble all the ingredients on a platter.
Drizzle over Reduced Oil Greek Dressing just before serving.