Chickpeas with Roasted Vegetables
According to the latest nutritional research chickpeas are one of the healthiest additions to your diet.
YOU WILL NEED
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and cut into strips
- 1 yellow/orange bell pepper, seeded and cut into strips
- 4 small baby marrows, sliced on the diagonal, ½ cm thick
- 2 medium onions, cut into eighths and broken into leaves
- ¼ cup (60 ml) Ina Paarman's Herb Salad Dressing
- 2 t (10 ml) ground cumin
- 400 g tin of chickpeas, drained
- ¼ cup (60 ml) parsley, chopped
- Ina Paarman's Braai & Grill Seasoning
Adjust the oven rack to the middle position. Preheat the oven to 220°C.
Toss the peppers, marrows and onions with Herb Dressing and cumin. Spread out in a swiss roll pan or large ovenproof dish and bake for 30-35 minutes until vegetables are tender and browned. Toss the drained chickpeas with the roasted vegetables and add chopped parsley.
Season to taste and serve warm or at room temperature.