Chilled Courgette and Mint Soup
A mild and gentle soup with a pale green colour. Ideal to make the day before and leave in the fridge to chill overnight.
YOU WILL NEED
- 2 medium leeks, sliced with green tops
- 1 t (5 ml) Ina Paarman’s Green Onion Seasoning
- 1 ½ T (22.5 ml) butter
- 1 potato, peeled and cubed
- 400 g courgettes, sliced
- 1 T (15 ml) Ina Paarman’s Chicken Stock Powder
- 3 cups (750 ml) boiling water
- ¼ cup (60 ml) fresh cream (optional)
- 2 T (30 ml) loosely packed fresh mint leaves
- a generous grating of nutmeg
Season the sliced leeks with Green Onion Seasoning and sauté in the butter in a medium-large saucepan for about one minute. Add the potato cubes and stir-fry until the vegetables are beginning to soften ± 10 minutes.
Add the courgettes, just stir through, and immediately add the Chicken Stock Powder and boiling water. Bring to the boil and simmer for ± 12 minutes until courgettes are just cooked.
Liquidise with the cream (if using) and mint until smooth. Add nutmeg and taste for seasoning. Chill in the fridge.
Garnish with fresh mint.